Triad Pumpkin Classic

My second tournament was held at Winston Salem at truism sports park, on the weekend before thanksgiving week. There were three other teams, (team Carolina, Carolina thunder, and the NC fusion.) our first game was against the NC fusion, the best player on there team it seemed was number three. He could body cam, (Cameron) which was quite a feat, and Cody, Luke and Ky could not stop them either. Finally when we put Levai on him, he finally got locked down, but after he scored 5 goals. The final score was 13-4. Our next game was against the Carolina Thunder, and they later got disqualified for cursing (their whole team did it.) but the actual game was not even close. It was 18-0, but I think they were not actually that good, because we were man-down a lot because we were not taking our anger out legally. So I don’t think they were as good as the Stealth team (from the last tournament.) our third game was against team Carolina and we lost 15-6. They had number 37 who was DEFINITELY not a fifth grader. Maybe seventh. He was no drought their best player. He scored 6 goals. They also had a LSM (long stick middie) who scored three goals. The rest of the people scored one or two goals. The next day our first game was against team ninety one. They were in our last tournament, and we would have played them if we had not lost to the Red Devils. My teammates said they were good, so I was nervous before the game, but I think we played well, even though we got crushed. 8-1. They had a long stick middie who was really good at bringing the ball up the field. He was also definitely qualified to be a defender, and scored two goals. Their goalie was also one of the best we’ve ever seen or faced. We had lots of good shots, but as you already know we only scored one goal. The goalie also liked to go out of the cage, and he never lost the ball. Well, this game was win or go home, so we had to win this game to keep playing, and we were playing  the NC Fusion, which had already beaten us in this tournament. We kept the game close until the end, where they pulled away. But the score doesn’t say everything because they scored three goals in the last five minutes. The score was 9-5. Well again the tournament did not go so well, but we had fun, and we have a lot of time to prepare and practice plays (we don’t know any plays yet.) We don’t have another tournament until somewhat May.

One thought on “Triad Pumpkin Classic”